Question : Low mass stars generally end up as dwarfs. A) yellow B) red : 2147415
37) Low mass stars generally end up as ________ dwarfs.
40) A neutron star theoretically will form from a supernovae collapse that ________.
A) fuses all of the atoms into super atoms with very high atomic numbers
B) compresses all atoms so that electrons are so close to the nucleus that all of the protons are converted to neutrons
C) converts the atomic nucleus to a small volume with high mass by expelling all neutrons
D) forms ions that bond electrostatically into very small volumes
41) Degenerate matter can have densities 1 million times greater than the density of water, and they achieve this density by ________.
A) fusing all of their atoms into super atoms with very high atomic numbers
B) forming ions that bond electrostatically so that there volume is very small
C) compressing all of the electrons so that they are close to the nucleus
D) converting the atomic nucleus to a small volume with high mass by expelling all neutrons
42) What is the main factor that determines what will happen to a star after it consumes all of its nuclear fuel?
43) A pea-sized sample of a neutron star would weigh ________ tons.
B) 100 million
44) Spiral galaxies tend to resemble a pinwheel because ________.
A) stars in the center of galaxy are moving more slowly than the ones on the outer edges
B) the barred structures form twisted pathways that distort the flow patterns
C) the stars in the center are very old and large while the outer edges of the galaxy contain the youngest and smallest stars
D) stars in the center of the galaxy are moving faster than the ones on the outer edges
E) stars are moving from the center to the edges of the galaxy
45) The largest known galaxies are ________.
E) barred spiral
46) How do astronomers believe an irregular galaxy forms?
A) They form when an elliptical and a spiral galaxy merge.
B) Several regular galaxies of different sizes merge.
C) They are young galaxies that have not yet developed a more regular form.
D) They are two or more galaxies that have not completed their merger.
E) They are regular galaxies that are distorted by the gravity field of a large nearby galaxy.
47) Which one of the objects listed below has the largest size?
A) galactic clusters
C) globular clusters
48) Galaxies are collections of ________.
A) interstellar matter