Question : Hydrolysis of ATP indirectly fuels protein synthesis by : 2134177
11) Hydrolysis of ATP indirectly fuels protein synthesis by
A. generating a high energy bond between the amino acid and tRNA.
B. loading the ternary complex onto the 40S subunit.
C. triggering translocation of the mRNA within the ribosome during elongation.
D. triggering dissociation of the large and small ribosomal subunits at termination so they can be recycled.
12) Which is not a member of the eukaryotic “ternary complex” of translation initiation?
13) Below is a simplified diagram of several components of the translation machinery. The ribosome is moving from left to right in this figure. The arrow points to the:
A. 3′ end of the mRNA
B. 5′ end of the mRNA
C. 3′ end of the rRNA
D. 5′ end of the rRNA
14) The start codon for translation in eukaryotes is
D. all of the above
15) Which of the following is/are required as an energy source for translation?
A. GTP only
B. ATP only
C. GTP and ATP
D. No energy source is required.