Question : How deep is an impact crater compared to its width : 2141352
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
19) How deep is an impact crater compared to its width?
37) Why is Mars red?
A) Its surface is made of ices that absorb blue light.
B) Its atmosphere scatters blue light more effectively than red light.
C) Its surface is made of ices that absorb red light.
D) Its surface rocks were rusted by oxygen.
E) It is made primarily of red clay.
42) Suppose Earth's atmosphere had no greenhouse gases. Then Earth's average surface temperature would be
A) 20°C, or about 5°C warmer than it is now.
B) 15°C, or about the same as it is now.
C) 0°C, or about the freezing point for water.
D) 10°C or about 5°C cooler than it is now.
E) -16°C, which is well below freezing.
43) What are greenhouse gases?
A) gases that absorb ultraviolet light
B) gases that transmit infrared light
C) gases that transmit visible light
D) gases that absorb infrared light
E) gases that absorb visible light
44) Which of the following gases absorbs ultraviolet light best?
B) carbon dioxide
48) Why does Mars have more extreme seasons than Earth?
A) because it has a more eccentric orbit
B) because it is farther from the Sun
C) because it has a larger axis tilt
D) because it has more carbon dioxide in its atmosphere
E) all of the above
49) In what ways is Earth different from the other terrestrial planets?
A) Its lithosphere is broken into plates that move around.
B) Life can be found almost everywhere.
C) Most of its surface is covered with liquid water.
D) It has oxygen in its atmosphere.
E) All of the above are true.
50) From where did the oxygen in the Earth's atmosphere originate?
A) chemical reactions between gas in the upper atmosphere and the solar wind
B) oxidation of surface rocks
C) outgassing from volcanoes
D) atmospheric bombardment
E) photosynthesis from plant life and single-celled organisms