Hi, I need help on a biochem study question!
Arrange the order of events in the fatty acid (FA) metabolism pathway in the correct order:
1) The modified FA is transported across the inner membrane of the mitochondrion.
2) Dehydration occurs to generate an ,-unsaturated FA.
3) The free FA is converted to acetyl CoA ester.
4) Thiolytic cleavage occurs, releasing a molecule of acetyl CoA and a new FA with two fewer carbon atoms.
5) The FA CoA ester is converted to its carnitine ester.
6) Hydration occurs to yield a -hydroxy ester.
7) The FA CoA ester is regenerated.