Question : Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered at trial for any purpose : 2162290
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
41) Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered at trial for any purpose.
42) Generally the rules of evidence apply to administrative agency proceedings.
43) An offer to settle is an admission of guilt.
44) A fact witness must have personal knowledge of some aspect of the case and the capacity to understand the oath and recollect and communicate.
45) If a witness was deposed and subsequently becomes unable to testify, the prerecorded testimony may be permitted to be used at trial.
46) There are many exceptions to the hearsay rule.
47) A lay witness has personal knowledge about the matter before the court.
48) Expert witnesses can only testify to factual findings, not give any opinion testimony.
49) The best evidence rule is the court's preference for original documents and photographs and not copies.
50) Demonstrative evidence depicts, displays, or demonstrates a fact.
51) Relevant evidence is evidence that the court will not allow to be presented at trial.
52) Tangible evidence is items presented at a trial, including documents, that are demonstrative in nature.
53) Self-authenticating evidence is extrinsic evidence demonstrating authenticity required under the federal rules of evidence.
54) An auto mechanic can be sworn in as an expert witness in a trial as long as a proper foundation is made for the witness's education, experience, skill level, and relevance.
55) The chain of custody refers to anyone who had access to the evidence with sufficient proof it had not been altered.
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
56) A witness can be asked leading questions on direct exam if a lawyer can adequately prove that the witness is:
A) A biased witness
B) A hostile witness
C) An expert
D) A character witness
57) What type of witness is qualified by education, background, training, experience, and skill level?
A) A character witness
B) An eyewitness
C) An expert witness
D) A hostile witness