Question : Find the amount of interest earned on the following deposit: $1000 at 5% compounded : 2151533
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
Graph the function.
1) y = 3ex + 1
2) y = -5ex + 2
3) y = 5e-x - 3
4) y = 2e-2x - 1
5) y = -4e-x/2 + 3
Solve the problem.
6) Find the amount of interest earned on the following deposit: $1000 at 5% compounded annually for 6 years
7) How long will it take for prices in the economy to double at a 7% annual inflation rate? Round to the nearest hundredth when necessary.
A) 23.45 yr
B) 10.24 yr
C) 16.24 yr
D) 9.01 yr
8) An economist predicts that the buying power B(x) of a dollar x years from now will decrease according to the formula B(x) = 0.73x. How much will today's dollar be worth in 3 years? Round to the nearest cent.
9) Find the interest earned on $12,000 invested for 8 years at 8.7% interest compounded quarterly. Round to the nearest cent.
10) Find the interest earned on $8000 invested for 8 years at 8.6% interest compounded monthly. Round to the nearest cent.
11) Suppose that the number of bacteria in a culture after x hours is given by f(x) = 1000 ? 40.125x. How many bacteria are in the culture after 10 hours?
A) 16,000,000 bacteria
B) 3 bacteria
C) 5657 bacteria
D) 16,000 bacteria
12) Suppose that the number of bacteria in a culture after x hours is given by f(x) = 500 ? 80.167x. How many bacteria are in the culture after 8 hours?
A) 11,314 bacteria
B) 89,443 bacteria
C) 8044 bacteria
D) 4 bacteria
13) The population of a particular city is increasing at a rate proportional to its size. It follows the function P(t) = 1 + ke0.12t where k is a constant and t is the time in years. If the current population is 36,000, in how many years is the population expected to be 90,000?
A) 8 yr
B) 58 yr
C) 3 yr
D) 5 yr
14) The number of dislocated electric impulses per cubic inch in a transformer increases when lightning strikes by D = 5400(5)x, where x is the time in milliseconds of the lightning strike. Find the number of dislocated impulses at x = 0 and x = 3.
A) 27,000; 675,000
B) 5400; 675,000
C) 5400; 81,000
D) 5400; 16,875,000
15) The number of bacteria growing in an incubation culture increases with time according to B = 3500(2)x, where x is time in days. Find the number of bacteria when x = 0 and x = 3.
A) 3500 bacteria, 14,000 bacteria
B) 3500 bacteria, 28,000 bacteria
C) 3500 bacteria, 21,000 bacteria
D) 7000 bacteria, 28,000 bacteria
16) The number of books in a small library increases according to the function B = 8600e0.05t, where t is measured in years. How many books will the library have after 2 years?
A) 9504 books
B) 8600 books
C) 10,827 books
D) 19,802 books