Question : Federal District Judge Alcee Hastings was impeached and removed from office after : 2139063
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
21) Federal District Judge Alcee Hastings was impeached and removed from office after:
A) he was convicted of conspiracy to commit bribery.
B) he was acquitted of conspiracy to commit bribery.
C) he denounced a Washington lawyer for accepting a bribe.
D) he was investigated for bribery but never indicted.
22) Governor Fife Symington, before he was indicted for defrauding creditors in connection with a savings and loan, was the chief executive for what state?
23) After numerous tries, the government finally convicted Governor Edwin Edwards of Louisiana based on testimony from:
A) a flunky who worked for Edwards.
B) the owner of a professional football team.
C) his right-hand man.
D) his banker.
24) The worst scandal in a scandal-ridden city occurred in the ________ of New York City.
A) Parking Violation Bureau
B) Health and Hospitals Corporation
C) Housing Authority
D) Taxi and Limousine Commission
25) Periodic corruption scandals have plagued ________ major urban police department(s) in the United States.
A) half of the
B) some of the
D) few of the
26) Which of the following would not be an example of police corruption?
D) Theft from a police supervisor's bank account
27) Police officers could be the greatest ________ in the world.
28) Which one of the following would be part of a kickback scheme?
A) Taking money from police retirement funds
B) Putting a relative on the payroll
C) Turning in all but $2,000 from money confiscated at drug seller's house
D) Taking money from arranging contracts with the city
29) Which one of the following could be a part of a shakedown?
A) A lying eyewitness
B) Money for not making an arrest
C) Arresting a business rival
D) Planting evidence
30) Working in close proximity to illegal activities and an abundance of illicit profits represents which explanation of police misconduct?
A) Structural choice
B) Lack of organizational controls
C) Organization deviance
D) Structural opportunity