Question : Congressional incumbents and electoral challengers have come to rely increasingly : 2139066
SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question.
51) Congressional incumbents and electoral challengers have come to rely increasingly on ________ interests to run for office.
52) Soft money is ________.
53) One lobbyist described PAC money as a civilized approach to ________ buying.
54) ________ received the toughest sentence ever meted out to a former Congressman indicted while still in office.
55) Operation Greylord, which targeted judicial wrongdoing, took place in ________.
56) Graft cases have been prosecuted in ________ major American cities.
57) Periodic corruption scandals have plagued ________ major urban police department in the United States.
58) A former police officer once observed that police officers are the greatest ________ in the world.
59) Attempts to legislate morality have made it easier for officers to rationalize bribery and wrongdoing in connection with ________ crimes.