1. In the digital imaging environment, one of the central
1. In the digital imaging environment, one of the central means of addressing this particular challenge requires the use of a(n) ____________________ archiving and communication systems.
2. These definitions imply that PACS is a digital radiology computer-based system or medical device where images acquired from a patient are displayed on monitors for viewing and subsequent digital image ____________________.
3. The lack of PACS interfacing to information systems such as radiology information systems (RIS) and hospital information systems (HIS) resulted in ____________________ problems, such as the delivery of data to specific locations at specific times, a function carried out by technologists in a film-based imaging department.
4. The purpose of IHE is to ensure that all digital imaging systems and information systems from different vendors can communicate with each other using communication standards to integrate all ____________________ clinical information for the purpose of viewing such information collectively.
5. To be a part of a PACS, image ____________________ modalities must be digital in nature.