Question : An inspector found 36 defective radios during an inspection : 2163392
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
Solve. Round to the nearest whole if necessary.
1) An inspector found 36 defective radios during an inspection. If this is 0.03% of the total number of radios inspected, how many radios were inspected?
A) 12,000 radios
B) 120,000 radios
C) 3600 radios
D) 1200 radios
2) One day 16 office workers were sick with the flu. If this were 16% of the total number of office workers, how many office workers were there altogether?
A) 1000 office workers
B) 100 office workers
C) 256 office workers
D) 2560 office workers
3) The Smale family paid 26% of the purchase price of a $201,000 home as a down payment. Determine the amount of the down payment.
4) 24% of the lawyers in a firm are female. If there are 800 lawyers altogether, how many lawyers are female?
A) 3333 lawyers
B) 192 lawyers
C) 608 lawyers
D) 3 lawyers
Solve. Round to the nearest tenth if necessary.
5) Last year, Mia bought a share of stock for $9.45. She was paid a dividend of $5.67. Determine what percent of the stock price is the dividend.
6) In a recent survey of 360 people, 90 said that their favorite color of car was white. What percent of the people surveyed liked white cars?
7) Lilly has $18.00 to spend on dinner. She wants to tip the waitress 20% of the cost of her meal. How much money can she spend on the meal itself?
8) Rami is taking May out to dinner. He has $76.80 to spend. He wants to tip the server 20% of the cost of the meal. How much can he spend on the meal?
9) Allie is building a new house. When the house is finished it will cost $286,000. The price of building the house this year is 10% higher than it would have been last year. What would the price of the house have been last year?
10) In total a medical research facility spent $18,000,000 to develope a drug. 10% of this cost was for staff and 15% was for equipment. How much was spent to cover both the staff and the equipment?
11) In an airport, 10% of the flights are delayed less than an hour and 6% of the flights are delayed an hour or more but less than two hours. If 6000 flights arrive at this airport in a day, how many flights are delayed less than two hours?
A) 96 flights
B) 9600 flights
C) 960 flights
D) 1200 flights
12) Find the discount when the original price is $58.00 at a discount of 25%.
13) Find the discount when the original price is $194.60 at a discount of 20%.
14) Find the sale price when the original price is $82.00 at a discount of 8%.
15) Find the sale price when the original price is $16,500.00 at a discount of 28%.
16) A $280 painting is on sale at 45% off. What is the discount?
17) A $2400 designer dress is on sale at 5% off. What is the discount?
18) A $310 painting is on sale at 25% off. How much will the painting cost?
19) A $2000 designer dress is on sale at 5% off. How much will the designer dress cost?
20) Sally and John purchased a discount card for $25. It can be used for one year at several restaurants in their area. It entitles the user to 15% off all meals purchased during the year at these restaurants. If they usually spend $2.40 a year at these restaurants, how many dollars would they save by purchasing this card?
21) A radio costs $75 and a set of headphones costs $15. What is the total price for purchasing these items with a discount of 8%?