Question : According to the textbook, which of the following is most likely to be resistant to the operation of a free market : 2134239
86. According to the textbook, which of the following is most likely to be resistant to the operation of a free market?
a. a wealthy financier
b. a small business owner
c. a physician
d. a municipal worker
87. What is the dominant economic system worldwide?
a. democratic socialism
88. Which of the following is a distinctive feature of capitalism?
a. private ownership of Crown corporations
b. cooperation in the pursuit of collective goals
c. private ownership of property
d. public ownership of the means of production
89. Which of the following is one defining feature of corporations?
a. Corporations are taxed at the same rate as individuals.
b. Corporations are taxed at a lower rate than individuals.
c. Corporation owners are responsible for harms they cause.
d. Corporation owners are responsible for debts the corporation accrues.
90. Why did the government recently give financial bailouts to GM Canada and Chrysler Canada?
a. because their bankruptcies would cause an enormous financial ruin for the Canadian economy
b. because the Canadian government had previously borrowed from both companies in the past
c. because the Canadian government owed a moral debt because of the jobs they had created in past decades
d. because these companies had long histories of keeping production in Canada, compared to other companies that outsourced