Question : A popular modern theory for the origin of the Earth-Moon system is that the early : 2147056
86) A popular modern theory for the origin of the Earth-Moon system is that the early Earth collided with another planet the size of ________.
87) Which planet, in addition to Earth, shows clear evidence of water erosion?
88) Saturn's moon Titan has rain like Earth, but the rain is ________, not water.
D) carbon dioxide
89) The only planet in the solar system whose axis of rotation lies close to its equatorial plane is ________.
90) Relatively small bodies which generally orbit between Mars and Jupiter are called ________.
B) dwarf planets
ESSAY. Write your answer in the space provided or on a separate sheet of paper.
92) Why might a moon's orbit be used to evaluate if it was a primary moon, formed at the same time as the planet or a feature (asteroid or comet) that was captured by the planet's gravity?
93) Compare Earth's surface processes to the surface processes on Saturn's moon Titan.
94) Why are meteorites a possible source of information regarding the origin and composition of Earth? Also, what other "clues" might be present in meteorites?