Question : A client's results from a urinalysis are as follows: pH 5.2, gross cloudiness, WBC 10-15 : 2141706
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
13) A client's results from a urinalysis are as follows: pH 5.2, gross cloudiness, WBC 10-15, glucose negative, specific gravity 1.012, and protein negative. How should the nurse interpret the results?
A) Diabetic ketoacidosis
B) Urinary tract infection
18) The nurse is caring for a client with a urinary diversion. For which type of diversion should the nurse plan care for this client?
A) Incontinent urinary diversion
B) The kock pouch
35) The nurse is explaining the process of urine formation. Which should the nurse explain occurs with urine after it is formed in the kidneys?
A) Moves into the renal pelvis
B) Filters metabolic wastes
C) Enters the bladder
D) Moves through the urethra
36) During an assessment a client states the urgent need to void urine. Which should the nurse identify as the reason for the client to use the bathroom?
A) Burning of the urethra
B) Contraction of bladder ligaments
C) Relaxation of the trigone
D) Activation of stretch receptors
37) The nurse needs to insert an indwelling urinary catheter into a client. For which reason should the nurse ask assistive personnel to help with the procedure?
A) Evaluates the nurse's skill level
B) Ensures sterile technique is followed
C) Improves visualization
D) Distracts the client