Question : A client who smokes a pack of cigarettes daily develops tachycardia and irritability : 2135479
6. A client who smokes a pack of cigarettes daily develops tachycardia and irritability on the second day after abdominal surgery. Which of the following actions should the nurse implement first?
a. Escort the client outside where smoking is allowed.
b. Request a prescription for a nicotine replacement agent.
c. Move the client to a private room and allow smoking.
d. Tell the client that this is a good time to quit smoking.
7. The nurse is caring for a client who is admitted to the hospital for treatment of an abscess on the left thigh and the client tells the nurse that they use fentanyl illegally. Which of the following symptoms should the nurse anticipate assessing?
a. Nausea and diarrhea
b. Tremors and seizures
c. Lethargy and disorientation
d. Delusions and hallucinations
8. The nurse is caring for an adult client who is experiencing acute intoxication. The nurse is aware that acute intoxication responses usually resolve within which of the following time frames?
a. 4 hours
b. 12 hours
c. 24 hours
d. 48 hours
9. During physical assessment of a client who has sinus headaches, the nurse finds nasal sores and necrosis of the nasal septum. Client use of which of the following substances should the nurse include in the assessment?
10. The nurse is caring for a client admitted to hospital with chest pain who is a pack-a-day smoker and tells the nurse, “I am just not ready to quit smoking yet.” Which of the following responses is the most appropriate?
a. “This would be a really good time to quit.”
b. “Your smoking is the cause of your chest pain.”
c. “Do you think that smoking has caused any health problems?”
d. “Are you familiar with the various nicotine replacement options?”