Question : A client who has nausea associated with chemotherapy : 2135498
6. A client who has nausea associated with chemotherapy asks the nurse whether there are any complementary and alternative therapies that might be effective. Which of the following should the nurse discuss with this client?
a. Green tea
c. Black cohosh
d. Chiropractic therapy
7. A client who develops frequent upper respiratory infections (URIs) asks the nurse whether any herbal therapies might help. Which of the following should the nurse discuss with this client?
c. Ginkgo biloba
d. St. John’s wort
8. Which of the following information should the nurse include when discussing the use of herbal remedies with a client who uses a variety of herbs for health maintenance?
a. Herbs should be purchased only from manufacturers with a history of quality control.
b. Most herbs are toxic and carcinogenic and should be used only when proven effective.
c. Herbs are no better than conventional drugs in maintaining health and may be less safe.
d. Frequent medical evaluation is required during the use of herbs to avoid adverse effects.
9. Which of the following data obtained by the nurse during the preoperative assessment of a client requires further assessment?
a. The client uses several herbal remedies routinely.
b. The client recently visited a chiropractor for back pain.
c. The client has used acupressure to relieve postoperative nausea in the past.
d. The client expresses a wish to use acupuncture for postoperative pain control.
10. Which of the following terms is used to describe the study of health as related to a connection between a deity and the human body?
a. Distant healing
b. Petitionary prayer
c. Theo somatic medicine
d. Spiritual healing
11. A client who uses multiple herbal products is scheduled to undergo knee replacement surgery. The nurse informs the client that herbs that all of the following herbs should be discontinued at least 2–3 weeks before surgery except which one?