Question : A client reports taking multiple doses of antacids every day. For which health problem should : 2141784
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
35) A client reports taking multiple doses of antacids every day. For which health problem should this client be assessed?
36) The nurse is reviewing information received during hand-off communication. Which client should the nurse assess for a potential fluid or electrolyte imbalance?
A) Middle-aged client scheduled for a colonoscopy
B) Adolescent client having an appendectomy
C) Older client unable to self-feed
D) School-age child with pneumonia
37) A client is diagnosed with hypernatremia. Which should the nurse include in the client's plan of care?
A) Administer diuretics as prescribed
B) Enforce a fluid restriction
C) Provide a low-sodium diet
D) Encourage foods high in potassium
38) A client has been treated for hypokalemia. Which assessment finding indicates that treatment has been effective?
A) Irregular heart rhythm
B) Normal bowel sounds
D) Muscle weakness
39) The nurse assigns assistive personnel (AP) morning care for a client with an intravenous infusion. Which finding should the nurse remind the AP to report to the nurse?
A) Leaking of fluid around the catheter site
B) Rate of the intravenous infusion
C) Amount of fluid remaining in the infusion bag
D) Client's breath sounds
40) Assistive personnel (AP) is caring for a client with an intravenous infusion. Which action should the nurse take if the AP reports that the infusion bag is empty?
A) Provide the AP with a new infusion bag
B) Ask the AP to turn the infusion off
C) Provide a new intravenous infusion bag
D) Direct the AP to cap the infusion
41) A client is prescribed an intravenous infusion to be started. Which should the nurse ensure is included when documenting the starting of this infusion?
A) Medications that are to be changed to the intravenous route
B) Length of time the current infusion bag will last
C) Questions the client asked about the infusion
D) Type, length, and gauge of the catheter