Question : 94) Most minerals have specific gravity than water. A) the same B) a lower : 2141657
94) Most minerals have ________ specific gravity than water.
A) the same
B) a lower
C) a higher
D) Water does not have specific gravity as it is not a mineral.
95) The micas, biotite and muscovite, both exhibit ________ direction(s) of cleavage.
A) no B) one C) two D) three
96) A brown mineral specimen and a green mineral specimen have identical hardness. This means ________.
A) hardness would not necessarily be useful here, as only metallic minerals have hardness and they may be nonmetallic
B) they cannot be the same mineral, as they are different colors
C) they may or may not be the same mineral, because hardness is only one indicator of mineral identification
D) they are definitely the same mineral, due to having the same hardness
97) A mineral's is produced by its ability to transmit light. Opaque minerals always have a ________ luster because they ________ light.
A) nonmetallic; do not transmit B) metallic; do not transmit
C) nonmetallic; transmit D) metallic; transmit
98) Cleavage is related to the ________ of a mineral.
A) streak B) internal structure
C) color D) fracture
99) Silicon-oxygen bonds are ________ and cause cleavage to be ________ in silicate minerals.
A) strong, common B) weak, uncommon
C) strong, uncommon D) weak, common
100) In the silicon-oxygen tetrahedron, there are ________ silicon atoms than there are in oxygen atoms.
A) many more B) less C) a few more D) as many
101) Quartz forms at ________ temperature than olivine.
A) a higher B) a lower C) a much higher D) the same
102) Diamond and graphite are both minerals composed of ________.
A) a compound B) oxygen
C) a single element D) silica
103) Halite and gypsum are ________ minerals.
A) metallic B) synthetic
C) industrially useful D) opaque