9.1 True/False Questions
1) Business intelligence (BI) systems have only four of the five components of an information system: hardware, software, data, and people.
2) The software component of a BI system is called a BI application.
3) The three primary activities in the BI process are to acquire data, perform analysis, and publish results.
4) Data acquisition is the process of creating business intelligence.
5) The four fundamental categories of BI analysis are reporting, data mining, BigData, and knowledge management.
6) Push publishing requires the user to request BI results.
7) Report servers are specialized Web servers.
8) Operational data is structured for fast and reliable transaction processing.
9) Placing BI applications on operational servers can dramatically increase system performance.
10) Data warehouses do not include data that are purchased from outside sources.