81) What country agreed to build a spaceport Micronesia's Christmas : 2039793
81) What country agreed to build a spaceport on Micronesia's Christmas Island?
B) New Zealand
E) United States
82) What is New Zealand's most important commercial livestock?
83) Which of the following patterns of trade most accurately describes the region of Australia and Oceania over the past 30 years?
A) weakening ties to Great Britain and Europe; stronger ties with Japan, East Asia, the Middle East, and the United States
B) weakening ties to Great Britain and the rest of Europe, Japan, East Asia, the Middle East, and the United States
C) strengthening ties to Great Britain, the rest of Europe, United States, Japan, East Asia, and the Middle East
D) weakening ties to Great Britain and Europe; stronger ties with Japan, East Asia, the Middle East, and the United States
E) strengthening ties to Great Britain, the rest of Europe, and the United States; weakening ties to Japan, East Asia, and the Middle East
84) Which area of Fijian economic life do Indo-Fijians dominate?
A) commercial life
C) low-wage, low-skilled job
D) labor on sugarcane plantations
85) Which of the following is NOT mined in Australia?
86) What product is mined extensively on the island of Nauru in Micronesia?
E) iron ore
87) Recently, Papua New Guinea has shifted its economy from the export of coconut products and coffee to what other product?
A) silicon chips
B) copper and gold
C) tropical hardwoods and forest products
88) What is Fiji's major export?
E) consumer electronics
89) What is Australia's main export to China?
B) consumer goods
C) information technology
D) iron ore
90) Where are Australia's largest copper, silver, lead, and gold mines located?
A) in South Australia
B) in the Northern Territory
C) in Victoria
D) in New South Wales and Queensland
E) along the southwest coast