81) The fundamental outlook of the global strategy is adaptation.
82) The strategy of a firm using an international strategy is likely to entail producing and marketing mostly standardized products worldwide, with some customization where and when necessary.
83) Tel-Comm Tek is a company that believes it has core competencies that its competitors in foreign markets lack and that it faces relatively weak pressures for local responsiveness and cost reductions. Tel-Comm Tek is likely to adopt an international strategy.
84) A multidomestic strategy makes the most sense for companies that see high pressures for local responsiveness and low pressures for cost reductions.
85) Tel-Comm Tek is a company that sees the world as a single market, assuming that consumer preferences and industry conditions do not vary much among countries. Tel-Comm Tek is likely to adopt a multidomestic strategy.
86) Mobile Technology is a company that sees the world as a single market, assuming that consumer preferences and industry conditions do not vary much among countries. Mobile Technology is likely to adopt a global strategy.
87) A company that develops different capabilities and contributions from different countries and shares them in integrated worldwide operations is using a transnational strategy.
88) Using a transnational strategy pushes a company to centralize some functions in optimal locations, base some functions in national subsidiaries to ensure local responsiveness, and develop wide-ranging communications among various units.
89) Organizational challenges are comparatively more difficult for the firm pursuing a transnational strategy than for the firm pursuing an international strategy.
90) Micro-multinationals are firms that globalize immediately and enter countries with numerous customers, productive workers, and attractive industries.