75) Which of the following a characteristic of the decline : 1914775
75) Which of the following is a characteristic of the decline stage of the product life cycle?
A) competitors enter the market
B) sales are typically due to the need to replace a worn-out product
C) the product is replaced by a competing product
D) sales are just beginning to build
E) product sales continue to climb
76) What can managers do to prevent products from entering the decline stage?
A) They can improve the product quality.
B) They can reduce the product features.
C) They can increase the advertising product.
D) They can reduce the sales promotion.
E) They can increase the price of the product.
77) Impetus Solutions developed a technology which enjoyed a successful run in the market for three years. In the last six months however, sales have started decreasing as several other competitors have entered the market and are selling the same product at a cheaper price. This has had an impact on the sales of Impetus. Which stage of the product life cycle is Impetus's product in?
78) ________ is the process of formulating a detailed listing of activities that must be accomplished to attain an objective, allocating the resources necessary to attain the objective, and setting up and following timetables for completing the objective.
79) Which of the following activities is carried out during scheduling?
A) Future environmental happenings that will influence the operation of the organization are predicted.
B) Goods are produced based on forecasts and are stocked in a warehouse.
C) Raw materials, subcomponents, and accessories are procured based on forecasts.
D) Appropriate managers assemble and discuss their opinions on what will happen to sales in the future.
E) Activities that must be accomplished to attain organizational objectives are listed and resources are allocated.
80) The two popular scheduling techniques are ________.
A) Gantt charts and the Delphi method
B) Gantt charts and the jury of executive opinion method
C) Gantt charts and the program evaluation and review technique
D) the Delphi method and the program evaluation and review technique
E) the jury of executive opinion method and the program evaluation and review technique
81) Which of the following is true regarding Gantt charts?
A) time is plotted on the vertical axis
B) does not provide an overview of the use of organizational resources
C) is essentially a bar graph
D) does not establish realistic worker output standards
E) resource to be scheduled is plotted on the horizontal axis
82) A bar graph with time on the horizontal axis and the resource to be scheduled on the vertical axis is a ________.
A) managerial grid
B) PERT network
C) materials production source graph
D) Gantt chart
E) SWOT analysis
83) Which scheduling tool is typically used to schedule management system inputs such as human resources and machinery?
A) planning sheets
B) Gantt charts
C) PERT diagrams
D) work flow diagrams
E) SWOT analysis
84) The major weakness of the Gantt chart is that it does not ________.
A) help in identifying the resources that are contributing to or hindering the productivity
B) contain any information about the interrelationship of tasks to be performed
C) establish realistic worker output standards
D) help coordinate organizational resources
E) list all the tasks to be performed