71) Which of the following a macroeconomic concern?
A) the unemployment : 1912921
71) Which of the following is a macroeconomic concern?
A) the unemployment rate in a specific industry
B) the national output of the United States
C) wage levels in specific industries
D) the operation of an individual firm
72) The study of how a particular firm might choose to maximize its profits would fall into what type of analysis?
C) labor economics
D) aggregate economics
73) What type of economics would most typically deal with aggregates?
C) labor economics
D) environmental economics
74) Which of the following is a microeconomic topic?
A) the unemployment rate of the United States economy as a whole
B) the rate at which prices increase in Brazil
C) the advertising strategy of a particular company
D) the increase in the national income of the United States over the past three months
75) Which of the following topics is a macroeconomic subject?
A) a proposed merger between two companies
B) the level of Christmas sales at a particular department store
C) the unemployment rate of the United States economy as a whole
D) the advertising strategy of a particular automobile firm
76) Which of the following is an aggregate?
A) the number of shoes in one man's closet
B) the bushels of apples one farmer sells
C) the price of a particular textbook
D) the total production of all goods and services
77) All of the following are aspects of microeconomics EXCEPT
B) a firm maximizing profit.
C) a worker choosing one job over another.
D) the average level of prices of all goods and services produced in a country in a year.
78) The impact of an increase in the gasoline tax on SUV sales is
A) a macroeconomics topic because it deals with taxes.
B) a microeconomics topic because it deals with one industry.
C) not an economic issue, but rather a political issue.
79) Which of the following would most likely be part of the study of microeconomics?
A) how General Motors makes decisions regarding its production goals
B) national income
C) the total economic output of our domestic economy
D) overall price stability in the United States
80) All of the following are aspects of macroeconomics EXCEPT
A) the U.S. unemployment rate.
B) the production decisions of a pharmaceutical firm.
C) the budget deficit of the United States.
D) foreign trade.