71) What religion did the indigenous peoples of Southeast Asia : 2039774
71) What religion did the indigenous peoples of Southeast Asia practice before the arrival of religions from elsewhere?
72) What is the mission of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)?
A) ASEAN is a free-trade association, like NAFTA or the European Union.
B) ASEAN fosters regional cooperation in order to control (rather than be controlled by) external global forces.
C) ASEAN's primary goal is to clean up the environment in the region.
D) ASEAN was created to improve education in the region.
E) ASEAN is a military alliance (like NATO).
73) Who were the first Europeans to arrive in Southeast Asia to colonize the region?
74) With what Southeast Asian country were the Khmer Rouge guerrillas associated?
75) The recently independent country of East Timor was formerly part of what country of Southeast Asia?
B) the Philippines
76) How have Burma's ethnic Shan rebels funded their efforts?
A) through donations from international sources
B) through Internet operations
C) by working in construction jobs
D) through prostitution and gambling
E) by growing opium and manufacturing heroin
77) Who are the leaders in Burma today?
A) a repressive military regime
B) a left-wing labor party
C) an Islamic theocracy
D) a wealthy monarchy
E) a centrist democratic party
78) Where do most of the rebellious ethnic groups of Burma live?
A) in the capital city
B) in rugged and remote terrain
C) in the port cities of Burma
D) in middle-sized municipalities
E) just across the border in Thailand
79) What are the economic and political systems like in Vietnam?
A) It embraces market economics and a democratic government.
B) It rejects market economics, while retaining the political forms of a communist state.
C) It embraces market economics, while retaining the political forms of a communist state.
D) It rejects both market economics and the political forms of a communist state.
E) It had adopted a regulated economic system, along with a socialist-democratic political form.
80) What country in Southeast Asia is a city-state?