71) Mass customization allows a company to offer individually-tailored products : 1927926
71) Mass customization allows a company to offer individually-tailored products using the same production resources as mass production.
72) The ________ model highlights the primary or support activities that add a margin of value to a firm's products or services where information systems can best be applied to achieve a competitive advantage.
A) value chain
B) core competency
C) network economy
73) A value web is a collection of independent firms that use information technology to coordinate their value chains to collectively produce a product or service for a market.
74) The activities that measure the performance of your business processes against strict standards are called best practices.
75) A ________ is an activity at which a firm excels as a world-class leader.
A) best practice
B) competitive advantage
C) primary activity
D) core competency
76) A(n) ________ uses networks to link people, assets, and ideas, enabling it to work with other companies to create products and services without being limited by traditional organizational boundaries or physical locations.
A) value web
B) network-based strategy
C) virtual organization
D) global company
77) A micromultinational is a small firm operating on a global scale.
78) Franchisers are firms that have their product created, designed, financed, and initially produced in the home country but rely heavily on foreign personnel for further production, marketing, and human resources.
79) Quality control is seen as an end in itself in Six Sigma.
80) In some instances, BPM will lead to a paradigm shift that transforms the nature of the business itself.