71) As outlined in the text, sources of nonpermanent staff : 1404292
71) As outlined in the text, sources of nonpermanent staff are:
A) temporary help agencies.
B) contract workers and temporary help agencies.
C) younger workers.
D) older workers.
E) temporary help agencies, contract workers, and employee leasing.
72) All of the following statements about temporary help agencies are true EXCEPT:
A) Firms may use temporary employees to handle special projects for which there are no current employees with time and/or expertise.
B) Temps cost much less than permanent employees.
C) If a temp performs unsatisfactorily, a substitute can generally be sent within one business day.
D) Temporary agencies provide supplemental workers.
E) Temps are generally well paid.
73) All of the following statements about contract workers are true EXCEPT:
A) Some have found themselves out of a full-time job due to cutbacks.
B) Many professionals with specialized skills become contract workers.
C) Some have consciously made a decision to work for themselves.
D) Some contractors are individuals who have been unable to obtain full-time work.
E) Contract workers tend to have high employer commitment.
74) Employee leasing typically is:
A) an arrangement to hire that involves an organization hiring individuals from designated groups.
B) an arrangement that involves a company transferring specific employees to the payroll of an agency.
C) an arrangement that involves a company transferring specific employees to the payroll of a professional employer organization (PEO) in an explicit joint-employment relationship.
D) an arrangement that involves a company transferring specific employees to the payroll of a subsidiary of the organization.
E) an contract that involves an organization hiring individuals permanently.
75) Significant benefits to hiring and retaining older employees include:
A) their knowledge of history-how things were done.
B) their strong work ethic.
C) the opportunity to develop flexible work options.
D) the opportunity to invest in retraining.
E) none of the above.
76) Which of the following is true about recruiting members from Generation Y according to recent research?
A) They value job security.
B) Work/life balance is their greatest priority in choosing an employer.
C) They value creativity and social responsibility.
D) They value creativity, diversity, and social responsibility.
E) They value job security and diversity.
77) Renu, a recruiter at a sportswear retailer, has developed a job application form on which applicant responses have been weighted, based on their statistical relationship to measures of job success. The form she developed is known as a:
A) biographical information blank.
B) statistical application form.
C) weighted application form.
D) weighted application blank.
E) selection test.