71) A(n) ________ writes additional code where necessary for implementing : 1869671
71) A(n) ________ writes additional code where necessary for implementing ERP systems.
B) project manager
72) A(n) ________ is a high-level planner of IS who ensures compatibility of technology and directs technology toward strategic goals.
B) business analyst
73) Which of the following is an organizational benefit of using an ERP product?
A) It controls the unionization of labor.
B) It facilitates data sharing in real time.
C) It creates an island of automation.
D) It promotes the duplication of data.
74) Which of the following challenges of implementing an ERP system is related to configuration decisions?
A) perceived threat to department autonomy
B) top management oversells capabilities
C) actions to be taken if the customer modifies the order
D) failure to specify objectives and measures for new processes
75) The ________ specifies the raw materials, quantities, and subassemblies needed to create a final product.
A) bill of material
B) bill of lading
C) item identifier
D) inventory list
76) Which of the following challenges of implementing an ERP system is people-related?
A) the structure of the bill of material
B) the order size
C) the approval of customer credit
D) the failure to specify objectives for new processes
77) Which of the following industries was one of the first major customers of ERP?
A) the education industry
B) large aerospace manufacturers
C) large alcohol breweries
D) the retail industry
78) Which of the following statements is true of small organizations?
A) They expand IT from one person to a small staff, but frequently this staff is isolated from senior-level management.
B) They employ only one or two IT analysts who not only manage the ERP system, but also the entire IS department.
C) They employ several IT analysts to manage the ERP system.
D) They have a well-staffed IS department, with distinct roles for IT personnel.
79) The ________ is a business and IT professional who heads the IT staff in large organizations, sits on the executive board, and is an active participant in organizational strategic planning.
80) Who are the top two ERP vendors?
A) Epicor and Oracle
B) Oracle and SAP
C) Epicor and Infor
D) Microsoft Dynamics and SAP