71. A neurotransmitter that plays a role in Alzheimer disease : 1411868
71. A neurotransmitter that plays a role in Alzheimer disease is _____.
72. Which of the following is an example of an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the nervous system?
B. Acetylcholine (ACh)
C. Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA)
73. Which of the following is true of the neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA)?
A. It is an inhibitory neurotransmitter.
B. It is primarily responsible for muscle action, learning, and memory.
C. It is primarily responsible for controlling voluntary movement.
D. It is an excitatory neurotransmitter.
74. Melinda suffers from migraine headaches and seizures. In the context of neurotransmitter functioning, which of the following most likely plays a significant role in her symptoms?
A. Too little norepinephrine
B. Too much glutamate
C. Too much acetylcholine
D. Too little dopamine
75. Dorothy has been suffering from epileptic seizures for the past four years. In the context of neurotransmitter functioning, her seizures can be best attributed to the _____.
A. deficiency of acetylcholine
B. deficiency of oxytocin
C. overstimulation caused by glutamate
D. overstimulation caused by endorphins
76. Depression is associated with low levels of the neurotransmitter _____.
B. gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA)
77. In the context of neurotransmitters, which of the following best describes the effect of norepinephrine stimulation?
A. It plays a role in the human tendency to feel pleasure during orgasm.
B. It plays a role in forming emotional bonds with romantic partners.
C. It inhibits the heart muscle, intestines, and urogenital tract.
D. It helps to control the level of alertness.
78. Parkinson disease is specifically associated with low levels of the neurotransmitter _____.
79. Kenny has been diagnosed with Parkinson disease and has been prescribed medication to manage some of his symptoms. The medication elevates the levels of dopamine in his system. If the levels of dopamine in his system become excessive, Kenny might start to exhibit symptoms associated with _____.
B. multiple sclerosis
C. Alzheimer disease
80. Which of the following is true of the neurotransmitter dopamine?
A. It is deficient in patients with Alzheimer disease.
B. It is deficient in patients with anxiety disorders.
C. It is in excess in patients with Parkinson disease.
D. It is in excess in patients with schizophrenia.