66) Union membership in the United States declining, but membership : 1413488
66) Union membership in the United States is declining, but membership is rising in countries such as Canada, Mexico, and Brazil.
67) Union membership is exclusive to blue-collar workers, such as those in the construction, manufacturing, and printing industries.
68) Weekly earnings of union members are higher than those of non-union workers.
69) All states give unions the right to require union membership as a condition of employment.
70) "Right to work" is a term used to describe state statutory or constitutional provisions banning the requirement of union membership as a condition of employment.
71) Right-to-work legislation outlaws unions and union membership in specific states.
72) Research shows that pay is the only reason that employees form unions.
73) The Taft-Hartley Act amended the National Labor Relations Act by prohibiting unfair union labor practices and specifying the rights of both employers and employees.
74) The Landrum-Griffin Act encouraged union activity by guaranteeing each employee the right to bargain collectively without interference, restraint, or coercion.
75) According to the preferential shop of union security, employers cannot hire non-union members.