66) Analytical reports for skeptical audiences should generally follow the : 1812493
66) Analytical reports for skeptical audiences should generally follow the ________ approach.
67) Which of the following is NOT a common organizational format for analytical reports?
A) Focusing on conclusions
B) Focusing on recommendations
C) Focusing on information
D) Focusing on logical argument
68) One potential drawback of focusing immediately on conclusions in a report is that you may
A) reveal information you know about that has not been included in the report.
B) make everything you say seem too simple.
C) offend your audience.
D) do all of the above.
69) A report focused on recommendations should
A) first establish or verify the need for action.
B) not include conclusions.
C) avoid mentioning any potential risks.
D) outline costs, but not in detail.
70) If the audience for your report is likely to accept what you have to say, focus on
A) the logical arguments in your report.
B) your conclusions and recommendations.
C) the benchmarks used to compile your results.
D) the criteria used in your decision-making process.
71) If your readers will want to know what they ought to do in a given situation, then your report should focus on
A) your conclusions.
B) your writing process.
C) your recommendations.
D) your sources of information.
72) A group of managers who must make an important decision can request a ________ to explore the implications of that decision.
A) failure analysis report
B) due diligence report
C) market analysis report
D) feasibility report
73) Unlike reports focused on conclusions or recommendations, reports focusing on logical arguments
A) use an indirect approach.
B) are not very convincing.
C) emphasize the positive.
D) do not include outside evidence.
74) Which of the following is NOT a strategy for structuring reports focused on logical arguments?
A) 2 + 2 = 4 approach
B) Direct approach
C) Yardstick method
D) An approach that compares a solution to a set of predetermined standards
75) The 2 + 2 = 4 approach
A) generally works only with lengthy, non-routine reports.
B) is the first logical argument strategy to try.
C) is far more complicated than any other organizational strategy.
D) is the only approach that is appropriate for any business report.