65) Which of the following a characteristic of the Delphi : 1914774
65) Which of the following is a characteristic of the Delphi method?
A) It is a more formal method than the jury of executive opinion method.
B) It gives accurate data because the data is collected by the sales people who continually interact with customers.
C) It utilizes historical data to predict future sales levels.
D) It predicts future sales by analyzing the historical relationship between sales and time.
E) It predicts future sales by using the product life cycle.
66) The ________ method utilizes historical data to predict future sales levels.
A) jury of executive opinion
B) moving average
D) product stages
E) salesforce estimation
67) In which of the following methods of sales forecasting, do the forecasters compute average sales levels for x historical time periods and are also in a position to choose the number of time periods that best fit their situations?
A) the moving average method
B) the regression method
C) the product stages method
D) the salesforce estimation method
E) the Delphi method
68) The ________ method predicts future sales by analyzing the historical relationship between sales and time.
A) moving average
C) salesforce estimation
E) product stages
69) Which of the following sales forecasting methods provides the forecaster with a trend-line that best explains the historical relationship between sales and time?
A) the regression method
B) the product stages method
C) the jury of executive opinion
D) the Delphi method
E) the moving average method
70) In the ________ stage, the sales of a product are just beginning to build.
71) In which of the following stages do product sales continue to climb because of the fact that the product has been in the marketplace for some time and has become more accepted by the people?
A) decline stage
B) introduction stage
C) growth stage
D) maturity stage
E) saturation stage
72) Which of the following is true regarding the maturity stage of the product life cycle?
A) product sales continue to climb
B) competitors enter the market
C) sales are typically due to population growth
D) the product is replaced by a competing product
E) sales are just beginning to build
73) Sales during the ________ stage is typically due to the need to replace a worn-out product.
74) In the product life cycle, which of the following stages typically follows the maturity stage?