61) Which of the following was NOT a Jeffersonian concept?
A)strict construction of the constitution
D)an industrially-based national economy
62) From their support of the Constitution, one can infer that the Federalists: A) valued individual liberty over law and order.
B)valued states’ rights over central government.
C)valued law and order over individual liberty.
D)had little interest in property rights.
63) Which of the following happened FIRST?
D)passage of the Bill of Rights
64) In 1789, President Washington was inaugurated in: A) Philadelphia.
D)New York City.
65) The Whiskey Rebellion, the Battle of Fallen Timbers, and Jay’s Treaty all occurred in: A) 1788.
66) In 1798, Americans became involved in a “Quasi-War” with: A) Spain.
67) The Anti-Federalists opposed to ratification of the Constitution were most likely to be found in:
A)areas linked to the commercial economy.
C)remote and backcountry sections.
68) Beginning in the 1770s, Americans began settling: A) New England.
B)the Ohio valley.
D)the Mississippi River Valley.
69) The only member of Washington’s Cabinet who had held the same post under the Articles was:
70) Hamilton’s 1790 Report on the Public Credit proposed: A) a sales tax to fund the federal government.
B)repudiation of all debts carried over from the Confederation government.
C)selling existing federal debt at a deep discount.
D)redeeming the federal debt at full value.