61. The inconvenience of breast-feeding in the workplace one reason : 1400844
61. The inconvenience of breast-feeding in the workplace is one reason why some women choose not to breast-feed their infants.
62. Breast-fed babies tend to be less prone to obesity than formula-fed babies.
63. Alcohol consumption is not recommended for women who are breast-feeding.
64. A lactating mother needs to consume more kilocalories during the first six months of lactation than in the second six months of lactation.
65. Infants who are not consuming breast milk or formula can safely consume cow's milk as an alternative.
66. Reusing prepared infant formula can increase the potential growth of harmful bacteria.
67. An infant can triple his or her birth weight by the end of the first year of life.
68. It is not a specific age so much as meeting certain developmental milestones that determines when it is safe to introduce solid foods into an infant's diet.
69. Once an infant has begun solid foods, it is best if a variety of foods are introduced quickly, as this ensures that the infant does not get used to a specific taste.
70. Infants may safely be given honey on their pacifiers to calm them.