61) A set of self-contained services that communicate with each : 1927936
61) A set of self-contained services that communicate with each other to create a working software application is called:
A) Web services.
B) enterprise integration.
62) ChicagoCrime.org, which combines Google Maps with crime data for the city of Chicago, is an example of:
A) cloud computing.
C) a widget.
D) a mashup.
63) ________ describes the efforts of companies to reduce the power and cooling costs of maintaining their technology assets.
A) Capacity planning
B) Cloud computing
C) Green computing
D) Autonomic computing
64) Software applications that combine different online software applications are referred to as:
A) integrated software.
D) grid computing.
65) All of the following place strain on system capacity, except for:
A) increased number of users.
B) minimized response time for transaction processing.
C) increased business volume.
D) large numbers of interactive Web pages.
66) Which of the following refers to the ability of a computer, product, or system to expand to serve a larger number of users without breaking down?
67) To analyze the direct and indirect costs and determine the actual cost of specific technology implementations, you would use a:
A) total cost of ownership model.
B) return on investment model.
C) break-even point.
D) cost benefit analysis.
68) The contracting of custom software development to outside firms is commonly referred to as:
C) service-oriented architecture.
D) application integration.
69) In order to manage their relationship with an outsourcer or technology service provider, firms need a contract that includes a(n):
70) In co-location, a firm:
A) purchases and owns their Web server but locates the server in the physical facility of a hosting service.
B) contracts with an external vendor to run their computer center and networks.
C) off-loads peak demand for computing power to remote, large-scale data centers.
D) utilizes an external, distributed computing grid.