61) ________ theory hypothesizes that in any given leadership situation, : 1414464
61) ________ theory hypothesizes that in any given leadership situation, success is determined primarily by: (1) the degree to which the task performed by the followers is structured, (2) the degree of position power possessed by the leader, and (3) the type of relationship between the leader and the followers.
B) Transformational leadership
D) Fiedler's Contingency
E) Life cycle
62) According to the contingency theory of leadership, ________ is determined by the extent to which the leader has control over the rewards and punishments followers receive.
A) leader-member relations
B) position power
C) task structure
D) power distance
E) motivational structure
63) According to Fiedler's contingency theory of leadership, which of the following is a primary factor that should be considered when moving leaders into situations appropriate for their leadership styles?
A) participative behavior
B) analytic skills of managers
C) past performances
D) task structure
E) emotional intelligence
64) According to the contingency theory of leadership, ________ is the degree to which the goals and other situational factors are outlined clearly.
A) organizational power
B) task structure
C) internal configuration
E) position power
65) A permissive, passive, and considerate leadership is most appropriate if the leadership situation is characterized by ________.
A) good member relations, weak task structure, and weak leader position power
B) good member relations, weak task structure, and strong leader position power
C) moderately poor member relations, weak task structure, and weak leader position power
D) good member relations, high task structure, and weak leader position power
E) good member relations, high task structure, and strong leader position power
66) Which of the following is a disadvantage of Fiedler's contingency model of leadership?
A) The model is not suitable to decide leadership style if the task structure is weak.
B) The model may not provide concrete answers to leadership problems.
C) It does not emphasize the importance of situational variables.
D) Leadership behaviors are not considered in this model.
E) Leader—member relations are ignored when selecting a suitable style of leadership.
67) Which of the following statements is most closely associated with the concepts of the path—goal theory of leadership?
A) Achievement of organizational goals is more important than the paths used to achieve them.
B) Managers must set the goals for performance and allow employees to select the path they use to achieve the goal.
C) Directive behavior is not appropriate when precise performance goals and procedures exist.
D) Effective leaders are characterized by high degree of acceptance and low task-orientation.
E) Managers can help job performance by showing employees how their performance directly affects reception of rewards.
68) ________ behavior is aimed at telling followers what to do and how to do it.
69) A leader is engaging in ________ behavior when he sets challenging goals for followers to reach and demonstrates confidence that they will measure up to the challenge.
70) Buildtech is a small scale manufacturer of light weight building panels. Ruth Wallace, the CEO of the company, leads the organization by clearly telling employees what to do and how to do it. Here, Ruth is exhibiting ________ behavior.