6. What is the assumption behind projective tests?
7. The authors of the textbook point out several reasons for the low validity of projective tests. List some of the reasons for their low validity.
8. Although the MMPI is an objective test with fairly good reliability and validity, what problems have been
9. Describe two conditions in which anxiety would be an ordinary and adaptive response rather than a disorder.
10. Although panic attacks seem to come out of nowhere, they usually occur in the aftermath of stress, prolonged emotion, exercise, specific worries, or frightening experiences. Delayed attacks after life-threatening scares are common. What is the essential difference between people who have panic attacks and develop panic disorder and those that do not?