6) The instrument that records earthquake events termed a ________.
A) : 2086505
6) The instrument that records earthquake events is termed a ________.
A) polygraph B) seismograph C) barograph D) thermograph
7) Overall, this type of seismic wave is the most destructive.
A) S wave B) tsunami C) surface wave D) P wave
8) ________ is the maximum possible damage designation on the Mercalli scale.
A) XII B) 10 C) X D)
9) The Richter magnitude of an earthquake is determined from the ________.
A) amplitude of the surface waves B) intensity of the earthquake
C) arrival time of P and S waves D) duration of the earthquake
10) Most of our knowledge about Earth's interior comes from ________.
A) examination of deep mine shafts B) drill holes
C) seismic waves D) volcanic eruptions