6. Because extremes in a distribution (a very large or : 2132725
6. Because extremes in a distribution (a very large or very small number) can impact the mean, it is usually important to examine measures of dispersion about the mean.
7. Univariate analysis and subgroup comparisons focus on describing variables while bivariate analysis focuses upon people.
8. Bivariate analyses typically have an explanatory purpose.
9. Tests of statistical significance should not be calculated on relationships observed in data collected from whole populations.
10. When we generalize from samples to larger populations, we use inferential statistics to test the significance of an observed relationship.