6) According to your text, major players in the money : 1907266
6) According to your text, major players in the money market include all of the following EXCEPT:
A) The U.S. Treasury
B) The Federal Reserve System
C) Commercial Banks
E) The U.S. Commerce Department
7) Which of the following is not considered a capital market security?
A) Mortgage-backed Securities
B) Corporate Bonds
C) Common Stock
D) Foreign Currencies
E) Municipal Bonds
8) The ________ price is ________ the ________ price.
A) bid; above; ask
B) bid; below; ask
C) ask; below; bid
D) ask; above; bid
E) Answers (B) and (D) are correct.
9) A firm raises capital to finance new equipment by selling bonds in the
A) secondary market.
B) primary market.
C) futures market.
D) options market.
E) federal funds market.
10) The ________ is the financial market in which securities are initially issued.
A) private placement
C) primary market
D) secondary market
11) Money markets are markets for
A) foreign currency exchange.
B) corporate stocks.
C) long-term bonds.
D) short-term debt securities.
E) preferred securities.
12) In the over-the-counter market, dealers are linked with the purchasers and sellers of securities through the ________ system.
13) The over-the-counter market is
A) the New York Stock Exchange.
B) an organized stock exchange.
C) a physical place where securities are bought and sold.
D) an intangible market for unlisted securities.
E) where commodities futures are bought and sold.
14) Which of the following statements is true regarding common and preferred shares?
A) Preferred shareholders have more voting power than common shareholders.
B) Common shareholders are guaranteed a fixed dividend.
C) Common shareholders have a more senior claim against assets than preferred shareholders.
D) Preferred shareholders are entitled to their dividends before common shareholders
E) Common shareholders earn a better return than preferred shareholders.
15) Common stockholders expect to receive a return through capital gains and
A) interest payments.
C) fixed periodic dividends.
D) coupon payments.
E) receiving shares of preferred stock