51) The first step in ensuring the foreign assignee's success : 1404403
51) The first step in ensuring the foreign assignee's success is:
A) job enrichment.
B) human resource planning.
C) job previews.
D) succession planning.
52) A process for ensuring success for managers in overseas assignments is:
A) occupational health and safety training.
B) job analysis.
C) job enrichment.
D) performance appraisal.
E) overseas-oriented training.
53) A four-step approach to special training for overseas candidates includes the following steps EXCEPT:
A) family dynamics.
B) factual knowledge about the target country.
C) attitudes and how they influence behaviour.
D) awareness of cultural differences.
E) language, adjustment, and adaptation.
54) A firm can bring together managers from far-flung subsidiaries and steep them for a week in the firm's cherished values and current strategy and policies in an attempt to build:
A) esprit de corps.
B) compliance with the firm's rules.
C) interpersonal skills for teamwork.
D) a unifying corporate culture.
E) commitment to the firm.
55) The most common method for formulating expatriate pay, to equalize purchasing power across countries, is a technique known as the:
A) balance of payments approach.
B) balance of trade method.
C) balanced pay approach.
D) balance sheet approach.
E) income statement approach.
56) The balance sheet approach for formulating expatriate pay uses the following home-country groups of expenses EXCEPT:
A) income taxes.
C) job evaluation.
D) goods and services.
57) In the balance sheet approach, base salary will normally be in the same range as the manager's:
A) annual bonus.
B) foreign country salary.
C) performance appraisal.
D) home-country salary.
58) A payment made to compensate a manager for cultural and physical adjustments that he or she will have to make is called a(n):
A) overseas incentive.
B) mobility premium.
C) education allowance.
D) overseas bonus.
E) housing allowance.
59) An international compensation trend used to reward managers is:
B) variable pay.
C) a piece wage incentive.
D) a lump sum bonus.
E) an annual bonus.
60) International EAPs can treat common reactions to culture shock, including the following EXCEPT:
B) marital stress.
D) chronic fatigue.