51) Instant messaging a type of ________ service.
C) : 1927958
51) Instant messaging is a type of ________ service.
52) Which of the following statements about RFID is not true?
A) RFIDs transmit only over a short range.
B) RFIDs use an antenna to transmit data.
C) Microchips embedded in RFIDs are used to store data.
D) RFIDs require line-of-sight contact to be read.
53) ________ integrate(s) disparate channels for voice communications, data communications, instant messaging, e-mail, and electronic conferencing into a single experience.
A) Wireless networks
C) Virtual private networks
D) Unified communications
54) A VPN:
A) is an encrypted private network configured within a public network.
B) is more expensive than a dedicated network.
C) provides secure, encrypted communications using Telnet.
D) is an Internet-based service for delivering voice communications.
55) Web browser software requests Web pages from the Internet using which protocol?
56) Together, a protocol prefix, a domain name, a directory path, and a document name, are called a(n):
A) uniform resource locator.
B) IP address.
C) third level domain.
D) root domain.
57) The most common Web server today, controlling 59 percent of the market, is:
A) Microsoft IIS.
C) Apache HTTP Server.
D) Netscape Server.
58) What technology allows people to have content pulled from Web sites and fed automatically to their computers?
59) The process of employing techniques to help a Web site achieve a higher ranking with the major search engines is called:
60) Which of the following statements is not true about search engines?
A) They are arguably the Internet's "killer app."
B) They have solved the problem of how users instantly find information on the Internet.
C) They are monetized almost exclusively by search engine marketing.
D) There are hundreds of search engines vying for user attention, with no clear leader having yet emerged.