51) ________ occur(s) when data isolated and replicated in separated : 1869669
51) ________ occur(s) when data are isolated and replicated in separated information systems.
A) Information silos
D) Metadata publishing
52) An enterprise application integration product is ________.
A) a suite of software applications that tackles the information silo problem by providing layers of software that connect information systems together
B) a suite of software, a database, procedures and a set of processes for supporting business operations with a single, consistent, information system
C) a strategy that uses business process management to radically enhance the customer service experience
D) a suite of applications, a database, and a set of inherent processes for managing all the interactions with a customer, from lead generation to customer service
53) Which of the following statements is true about an EAI system?
A) It utilizes a centralized database.
B) It provides users with access to metadata files that describe the location of an organization's data.
C) It appears as an integrated database to the user.
D) It prohibits information silos from communicating with each other and sharing data.
54) Which of the following is a function of an EAI system?
A) It provides segregated data.
B) It modifies existing departmental information systems.
C) It requires the implementation of new information systems.
D) It enables a gradual move to ERP.
55) The major benefit of an EAI system is that it ________.
A) provides greater returns than an ERP system
B) utilizes centralized databases
C) enables organizations to use existing applications
D) requires the use of formalized procedures
56) The primary purpose of an ERP system is ________.
D) customer acquisition
57) By the 1970s, manufacturing companies began to use a software called ________ to efficiently manage inventory, production, and labor.
A) enterprise application integration
B) enterprise resource planning
C) business performance management
D) material requirements planning
58) ________ synchronizes manufacturing and supply—manufacturing occurs just as raw materials arrive.
A) Just-in-case manufacturing
B) Just-in-time delivery
C) Material requirements planning
D) Manufacturing resource planning
59) Which of the following federal laws required companies to exercise greater control over their financial processes?
A) the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act
B) the Volstead Act
C) the Tower Amendment
D) the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
60) Which of the following activities is included in supply chain management?
A) sales prospecting
B) bill of materials
C) inventory management
D) quality control