49) The key to motivation, according to Maslow, to identify : 1400247
49) The key to motivation, according to Maslow, is to identify ________.
A) higher-order needs first
B) a person's level in the needs hierarchy
C) lower-order needs last
D) a person's most important level in the needs hierarchy
50) Maslow's hierarchical model ________.
A) has been validated by a number of studies
B) has never been validated by studies
C) has been validated by empirical studies
D) has been invalidated by intuitive means
51) Self-actualization most closely corresponds to ________.
A) satisfying basic animal needs
B) fitting in with others
C) feeling aware of one's strengths
D) be all you can be
52) Which of the following is a lower-order need in Maslow's hierarchy?
D) personal safety
53) ________ assumes that employees have little ambition, dislike work, and avoid responsibility.
A) Theory Y
B) Theory X
C) Self-actualization Need Theory
D) Belongingness Need Theory
54) Theory Y assumes that people inherently ________.
A) are driven by fear
B) are unhappy
C) want to control their own destiny
D) don't trust one another
55) Theory X assumes that people work hard ________.
A) only when they are forced
B) because they enjoy a sense of accomplishment
C) whether or not they are paid
D) out of a sense of fairness
56) A manager with a Theory X view of human nature would ________.
A) be unlikely to allow workers to work independently
B) be likely to let workers coordinate their work
C) allow workers to monitor themselves
D) trust his or her workers
57) A manager with a Theory Y view of human nature would be likely ________.
A) not to try to inspire his or her workers
B) to try to challenge his or her workers
C) to try to intimidate his or her workers
D) to monitor his or her workers closely
58) Workers with a Theory X point of view would be most likely to respond to ________.
B) a hands-off approach
C) fear of losing their job
D) freedom to modify their job