41) The robust Southeast Asian economies described as "tigers" were : 2039781
41) The robust Southeast Asian economies described as "tigers" were known for their wildlife conservation programs.
42) The Philippines enjoyed the boom, but avoided the economic bust of the 1990s that many other countries in Southeast Asia experienced.
43) The major reason for tensions surrounding immigration of Chinese into Southeast Asia is that the Chinese immigrants are somewhat more prosperous than average people in Southeast Asia.
44) Several of Burma's ethnic rebellions have funded their efforts by growing opium and manufacturing heroin.
45) Thailand has the dubious distinction of being one of the world's centers for money laundering.
46) In recent years, the Indonesian government has attempted to encourage its steel industry to bolster its economy.
47) Tropical-forest hardwood logging in Southeast Asia is often controlled by the government for economic reasons.
48) The main cause of Burma's lack of economic development is a lack of resources.
49) In the 1990s, the economy of Southeast Asia included boom and bust.
50) Southeast Asia emphasizes basic education, but gives inadequate attention to university and technical education.
51) Because the Dutch had used Indonesia largely for its tropical crops and invested little in transportation, health, or education in the region, Indonesia was extremely poor when it gained its independence from the Netherlands in 1949.