41. (p. 406) Which of the following true of sex trafficking?
A. Coercion a major : 1411627
41. (p. 406) Which of the following is true of sex trafficking?
A. Coercion is a major factor in sex trafficking.
B. Children are seldom victims of sex trafficking.
C. Sex trafficking does not violate the law.
D. Sex trafficking never occurs across national borders.
42. (p. 407) Which of the following is true of prostitution as a profession?
A. It carries no physical or psychological consequences for sex workers.
B. It is extremely rare and therefore not considered a major social problem.
C. It is a risky profession, leaving women open to violence, rape, and murder.
D. It is one of the least challenging, and therefore safest, professions in the world.
43. (p. 407) Which of the following is true of the well-being of sex workers?
A. Sex workers rarely have psychological complaints.
B. The well-being of sex workers depends upon their location to a great extent.
C. Sex workers seldom have physiological complaints.
D. The well-being of sex workers is not impacted by their degree of autonomy.
44. (p. 407) Which of the following is true of the safety of sex workers?
A. Streetwalkers tend to work in safer settings than call girls.
B. Sex workers generally face less sexual abuse than other women.
C. Streetwalkers are less likely to be assaulted than call girls.
D. Sex workers are often subject to harassment, robbery, and violence.
45. (p. 408) Which of the following have researchers found to be true of the victimization of sex workers?
A. Sex workers are always safe from harassment when working indoors.
B. Sex workers are always safe from harassment when working outdoors.
C. Sexually trafficked women are seldom victimized by clients or masters.
D. Sexually trafficked women are particularly vulnerable to victimization.
46. (p. 408) According to researchers, the degree to which a sex worker is vulnerable to victimization depends largely upon:
A. her privacy and control over the situation.
B. the price she sets for the services offered.
C. her social status.
D. the social status of her client.
47. (p. 408) Which of the following is true of the risks faced by sex workers?
A. Streetwalkers are at less risk of contracting STDs than call girls.
B. Call girls are more likely to be harassed and arrested than streetwalkers.
C. Prostitutes are at high risk of rape because of social attitudes toward them.
D. Sex workers are never mistreated by law enforcement agencies.
48. (p. 408-409) According to studies conducted upon sex workers in the Netherlands, a significant portion of prostitutes:
A. have high levels of self esteem and self confidence.
B. had been sexually abused during their childhood.
C. came from wealthy, upper-class backgrounds.
D. were found to have developed immunity against AIDS.
49. (p. 409) Which of the following is true of the usage of prostitutes according to the NHSLS and NSSHB?
A. The use of prostitutes has increased significantly over the last 70 years.
B. More women report paying for sex than men today.
C. More men report being paid for sex than women today.
D. The use of prostitutes has declined significantly over the last 70 years.
50. (p. 409) Prostitutes frequently call their customers "_____."