41. Currently, women earn _____ of new psychology doctorate degrees in : 1385840
41. Currently, women earn _____ of new psychology doctorate degrees in the United States.
D. ninety percent
42. Which figure best approximates the percentage of American psychologists who belong to racial minority groups?
43. Which of the following statements concerning the representation of racial and ethnic minorities among American psychologists is TRUE?
A. The number of minority members entering the field is about the same as it was 10 years ago.
B. The number of minority members entering the field is higher than it was 10 years ago.
C. The increase in the number of degrees awarded to minority members has outpaced the growth of the minority population.
D. The number of minority members entering the field has decreased over the years.
44. Today around _____% of new master's degrees and _____% of new doctorate degrees are awarded to people of color.
A. 50; 15
B. 20; 16
C. 32; 8
D. 50; 25
45. How is the diversity of psychology limited in the United States?
A. Racial and ethnic minorities are underrepresented among psychologists.
B. The majority of psychologists are male.
C. Psychologists in the United States far outnumber those in all other countries combined.
D. Most research is conducted outside the United States.
46. Which of the following individuals is LEAST likely to be a psychologist?
A. Dionne, who holds a PhD degree
B. Everett, who has an MD degree
C. Fallon, who graduated with a PsyD degree
D. Melinda, who has written a dissertation on drug abuse, and is now teaching at a university
47. Which of the following statements is TRUE regarding the difference between the PhD and the PsyD degrees?
A. The PhD requires more years of study than the PsyD.
B. The PhD requires a dissertation based on an original investigation.
C. Fewer people earn the PhD than earn the PsyD.
D. The PhD is obtained by psychologists who wish to focus exclusively on the treatment of psychological disorders.
48. Callie works in the field of psychology. All else being equal, there is about a _____% chance that her highest degree is a master's degree.
49. Kristen is a psychology major. Immediately following graduation, she will most likely:
A. join the workforce.
B. feel that her job is unrelated to her psychology background.
C. continue to graduate school.
D. remain unemployed.
50. Psychology majors are highly valued by employers because they can:
A. strategize effectively.
B. think critically.
C. help other workers with their personal problems.
D. communicate effectively with their co-workers.