41) According to the University of Iowa studies, the __________ : 1402442
41) According to the University of Iowa studies, the __________ style of leadership describes a leader who tends to involve employees in decision making, delegates authority, encourages participation in deciding work methods and goals, and uses feedback as an opportunity for coaching employees.
42) According to the University of Iowa studies, a leader who allows his employees complete freedom to make decisions is using a __________ leadership style.
43) The University of Iowa studies found that group member satisfaction levels were generally highest under which of the following leadership styles?
44) According to the Ohio State studies, a leader who is high in __________ is characterized by mutual trust and respect for group member ideas and feelings.
C) autocratic structure
E) initiating structure
45) According to the Ohio State studies, a leader who is high in __________ assigns group members to specific tasks, expects workers to maintain standards, and focuses on deadlines.
B) autocratic structure
C) initiating structure
46) The two dimensions of leadership behaviour in the __________ studies were employee-oriented and production-oriented.
A) Oxford University
B) University of Manitoba
C) University of Michigan
D) Ohio State
E) University of Iowa
47) According to the University of Michigan studies, leaders who were __________ were associated with higher group productivity and higher job satisfaction.
48) The managerial grid developed by Blake and Mouton uses which two behavioural dimensions?
A) initiating structure and consideration
B) concern for people and consideration
C) concern for managers and concern for workers
D) concern for people and concern for production
E) employee-oriented and production-oriented
49) According to Blake and Mouton's managerial grid, the __________ management style is characterized by a belief that efficiency in operations results from arranging conditions of work in such a way that human elements interfere to a minimal degree.
D) middle of the road
E) country club
50) According to Blake and Mouton's managerial grid, the __________ management style is characterized by thoughtful attention to the needs of people for a satisfying relationship and a comfortable, friendly organization atmosphere and work tempo.
A) country club
D) middle of the road