Question : 41) A bag contains 6 red marbles, 6 blue marbles, 6 yellow marbles : 2163573
Find the probability of the event if a single choice is made from a bag.
41) A bag contains 6 red marbles, 6 blue marbles, 6 yellow marbles, and 7 green marbles. What is the probability of choosing a red marble when one marble is drawn?
42) A bag contains 8 red marbles, 4 blue marbles, and 9 green marbles. What is the probability of choosing a blue marble when one marble is drawn?
43) A bag contains 8 red marbles, 3 blue marbles, and 1 green marble. What is the probability of choosing a marble that is not blue when one marble is drawn from the bag?
44) A bag contains 4 red marbles, 8 blue marbles, 7 yellow marbles, and 6 green marbles. What is the probability of choosing a yellow or green marble when one marble is drawn?
45) A bag contains 13 balls numbered 1 through 13. What is the probability of selecting a ball that has an even number when one ball is drawn from the bag?
46) A bag contains 27 balls numbered 1 through 27. What is the probability of choosing a ball numbered 28?
47) A new drug is being tested that is supposed to lower cholesterol. This drug was given to 300 people and the results are below.
If a person is testing this drug, what is the probability that their cholesterol will be higher?
A deck of cards contains 52 cards. These cards consist of four suits (hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds) of each of the following: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, jack, queen, king, and ace. If a card is chosen from a deck of cards, find the probability of each event.
48) Selecting an ace
49) Selecting the 10 of hearts
Fill in the blank with one of the words or phrases listed below.
50) A(n) _____ graph presents data using vertical or horizontal bars.
51) The _____ of a set of number items is (sum of items/number of items).
52) The possible results of an experiment are the _____.
A) class frequency
D) class interval
53) A(n) _____ is a graph in which pictures or symbols are used to visually present data.
A) class interval
B) tree diagram
54) The _____ of a set of numbers is the number that occurs the most often.
55) A(n) _____ graph displays information with a line that connects data points.
56) The _____ of a set of an ordered set of numbers is the middle number.
57) A(n) _____ is one way to picture and count outcomes.
B) tree diagram
C) class interval
58) A(n) _____ is an activity being considered, such as tossing a coin or rolling a die.
C) tree diagram
59) In a(n) _____ graph, each section (shaped like a piece of pie) shows a category and the relative size of the category.
60) The _____ of an event is (number of ways that event can occur/number of possible outcomes).