37) Explain why when Norway unilaterally fixes its exchange rate : 1407835
37) Explain why when Norway unilaterally fixes its exchange rate against the euro but leaves the krone free to float against the non-euro currencies, it is unable to keep at least some monetary independence.
38) Explain why after, say Norway unilaterally pegs the krone to the euro, domestic money market disturbances will no longer affect domestic output despite the continuation of float-rate regime against non-euro currencies.
39) Explain why even owners of capital that cannot be moved can avoid more of the economic stability loss due to fixed exchange rates when Norway's economy is open to capital flows.
40) Explain why the oil price shocks after 1973 made countries unwilling to revive the Bretton Woods system of fixed exchange rates. See also Chapter 19.