36) Both T cells and B cells must accomplish double : 1407454
36) Both T cells and B cells must accomplish double recognition: They must simultaneously recognize self and nonself to be activated.
37) Some immunocompetent cells will never be called to service in our lifetime.
38) Anaphylactic shock can result from an immediate hypersensitivity where the allergen enters the blood.
39) Adaptive immunity is provided only by lymphocytes that secrete antibodies.
40) A transfusion reaction is a subacute hypersensitivity to foreign red blood cells.
41) Somatic recombination by B cells allows each B cell to form its own unique antibody genes.
42) Antibodies cn act both intracellularly and extracellularly.
43) It is our genes, not antigens, that determine what specific foreign substances our immune system will be able to recognize and resist.
44) The classical complement pathway involves antibodies.