36. All of the following values present in most ethical : 1800952
36. All of the following values are present in most ethical decisions except:
A. Be fair and just.
B. Be respectful.
C. Act responsibly.
D. Be honest.
37. Business managers need a set of ethical guidelines to help them:
A. Understand the changing customs throughout the world.
B. Justify the resolution which best helps themselves.
C. Identify and analyze the nature of ethical problem.
D. None of the above.
38. Aristotle argued:
A.Self-control is the most virtuous of values.
B.Faith is a road to charity and modesty.
C.Moral virtue is a mean between two virtues.
D.High-mindedness delivers human integrity.
39. When the benefits of an action outweigh its costs, the action is considered ethically preferred according to:
A. Utilitarian reasoning.
B. Virtue ethics.
C. Theological reasoning.
D. Plato and Aristotle.
40. Utilitarian reasoning primarily considers:
A. The end results of an action.
B. The rights of the unprotected.
C. The distribution of benefits.
D. Both A and C, but not B.
41. The main drawback to utilitarian reasoning is that:
A. The majority may override the rights of those in the minority.
B. Managers using this reasoning process often fail to consider the means taken to reach the end.
C. It is difficulty to accurately measure both costs and benefits.
D. Cost-benefit calculations can only be provided by accountants.
42. At the core of rights reasoning is the belief that:
A. The company’s right to a profit must be protected.
B. Respecting others is the essence of human rights.
C. The right to join a union is no longer universally accepted.
D. Economic and political powers determine who is right.
43. Which of the following is not true about justice reasoning?
A. The reasoner is interested in the net value of benefits.
B. The reasoner considers who pays the costs and who receives the benefits.
C. The reasoner seeks a fair distribution to all affected.
D. The reasoner relies upon some accepted rule or standard.
44. A just or fair ethical decision occurs when:
A. The rights of all affected are considered.
B. The greatest good for those with power is achieved.
C. Benefits and burdens are distributed equally.
D. All of the above.
45. The reason(s) behind the uncertainty of an ethical or unethical decision is (are) that different people and groups:
A. May honestly and genuinely use different sources of information.
B. May rank various rights in different ways.
C. May not share the same meaning of justice.
D. All of the above.